Celebrating our most precious moments should not include trashing the world.
We got you covered for your next kid’s birthday party! We can provide reusable plates, utensils, and cups for small parties of up to 50 kids.
We are working on building a party decoration library as well and would love your donations! If you have reusable decor such as tablecloths, bunting, centerpieces, etc. please consider donating them to the GreenThinker DC kid’s party supply library.
Please complete a Borrow Request Form with details about your event. A volunteer will be in touch with more information and to help coordinate drop-off and pick-up of the requested items. If you have any questions, please check out the FAQs below. If you still have questions be sure to add them to your request form.
- What is available to borrow?
- 50 reusable dinner-sized and small stainless steel plates.
- 50 stainless steel forks, spoons, and knives.
- 50 stainless steel cups.
- How long is the borrowing period?
You can keep the items up to one week after the event. Please make your request at least one week in advance of the date needed.
- How much is the deposit? Are there any other fees?
We ask for a $50 deposit for items until returned. We ask for a suggested donation of $30 for our services ($25 if you subscribe to our blog or follow us on social media).
- What happens if I don’t return it on time?
If items are not returned on time, we will charge an additional $5 dollars a day.
- Oops – I lost/broke something. What now?
We hope this does not happen as most of our products are made of stainless steel, however accidents happen. Depending on the item we will ask for a replacement fee for the cost of the item. Example prices include $10 for dinner plates, $5.00 for cup.
- Where is the pickup location?
WE DROP OFF and PICK-UP!
- Do I need to wash the dishes?
- Can you drop off and pickup the party supplies?
YES! We do the dropping off and picking up of the supplies within a 20 mile radius of the District of Columbia, including suburbs such as Takoma Park and Arlington.
- What is the cleaning process?
We use a home dishwasher to sterilize the equipment. We wash all of our dishes twice unless requested otherwise.
- What type of decor is available to borrow?
We are currently working to build a library of decor. We rely on donations for this. Please donate your old decor.